Price of 2 adult tickets: $51
Price of food and beverages: $24 (menu included strawberry cheesecake, potato wedges, a small pot of earl grey, and a glass of ice lemon tea)
Grand total spent on movie: $75
before u dismiss the idea of splurging all that hard-earned cash on one silly movie, let me list a number of reasons why the gold class experience is worth your money.
1) service is wonderful. food and drinks are served inside the cinema by polite staff. should u need anything during the movie, just push a button, and they'll attend to u in a jiffy.
2) the plush reclining seats are oh so comfortable...and spacious. took my shoes off and sat cross-legged during the movie, like i was at home. u can literally sit back, relax and enjoy the movie.
3) cinema is small and private.
4) other patrons who paid good money for gold class tickets arrived on time, so there was no "uh, excuse me" from late comers squeezing past u and blocking your view of the opening scenes. also, no mobile phones were heard ringing, so, thankfully, we didn't have to put up with any "hello? aiyah i watching movie la! call u back later!" nonsense.
5) blankets are provided to keep u warm and comfy. (also handy for those who wish to take off their shoes but are embarrassed about...well...certain scents.)
6) seats are grouped in twos and spaced appropriately apart, so u can enjoy the movie in considerable privacy with your partner.
7) seat levels ensure clear view of screen. no need to worry about being blocked by someone tall in front!
i can go on, but i guess the above is quite enough to justify the amount spent. frankly, this is my most enjoyable movie outing ever. and it was even more satisfying because we watched a great film. before stepping into the cinema, i promised myself this would be the first and only time i'd indulge in such luxury, but after relishing the experience, i'm hooked! it is, after all, a gold class experience.